Newly Qualified Teachers
Bitterne Park Teaching School Alliance is now a designated appropriate body for the registration of NQTs.
Our NQT programme has a proven track record of supporting NQTs to become highly successful and effective teachers.
We have extensive experience in the coordination and training of NQTs and mentors, and are delighted to offer NQT support, guidance and training to schools.
We offer a choice of different types of support, tailored to meet the needs of your school.
NQT support offered by BPTSA:
1. Appropriate Body Support
This support costs £280 per NQT and includes the following support from BPTSA as an appropriate body:
- Registering your NQTs with the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL)
- Quality assurance visit to observe the NQT alongside the NQT subject mentor
- Helping you to record lesson observations to show evidence of meeting the Teachers’ Standards
- Ongoing advice, guidance and support on the NQT year
- Supporting you with any concerns about the progress of your NQT
- Quality Assurance of the three assessment forms, against the Teachers’ Standards
- Making you aware of any changes in NQT statutory requirements
2. NQT Training Programme
This support costs £350 and includes:
- NQT Outstanding Teaching and Learning Conference: 14th November 2016 9.00-4.00
- NQT Year and Beyond Conference: 7th July 2016 9.00-4.00
- Three Teaching and Learning Thursday afternoon training sessions:
21 September 2016 14:15 – 17:00 Planning for Progress
5 October 2016 14:15 – 17:00 Outstanding Teaching and Learning
20 October 2016 14:15 – 17:00 Assessment for Learning
3. Appropriate Body Support and NQT Training Programme
Full package of support costs £550.
4. Personalised Support (price on application)
Please contact us regarding personalised support, including lesson observations and specific training. We are very happy to help you in this way.
If you are interested in any of the above programmes or would like to talk in more detail, please contact/speak to Andrew Foster.
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 02380 294193