WELCOME TO Creative Crafts
N.C.F.E. Level 1 Certificate in Creative Art & Craft
The NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Creative Craft is ideal for those who wish to undertake an introductory course in Creative Craft. Access to this qualification is open to all candidates, however, a basic level of numeracy and literacy is required to comply with the Health and Safety and assessment aspects of the qualifications.
Aims & Objectives
The qualification aims to:
- Enable candidates to develop basic craft skills
- Provide candidates with underpinning knowledge of the creative craft process
- Provide candidates with a basis for progression into another study
The objectives of this qualification are to enable candidates to:
- Develop a portfolio of craft work
- Use materials, tools and equipment correctly and safely
- Develop an understanding of spiritual, moral, ethical, social, cultural and environmental issues, and Health & Safety considerations surrounding creative craft
- Provide evidence of key skills attainment where appropriate.
The qualification consists of THREE mandatory units.
- Unit 1 – Explore available resources to develop basic craft skills.
- Unit 2 – Explore and develop ideas creatively.
- Unit 3 – Create, present and review final craft items.
Candidates must successfully complete all three mandatory units to be awarded the NCFE Level 1 certificate in creative craft.
Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed by a centre assessor then externally moderated. This certificate will be awarded after continual assessment there is no final exam.