MOBILE PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
A reminder re our policy!
- As expensive items we recommend that all phones, like any valuables, are left at home. If they are in school, because of “emergency” use they should be in your locker or switched off in your bag.
- Phones are in school at your own risk and we are not accountable/responsible for them if lost, stolen or damaged. You must have insurance to cover any loss or damage.
- ON NO ACCOUNT MUST PHONES RING, OR BE USED, OR BE VISIBLE, DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. They will be taken off you.
- Any messages from parents must come through the school office, not via your phones. A message from a parent does not give you permission to leave the site.
- If you are “in trouble” with a teacher, you must not phone a parent to complain or ask them for help. When an investigation is complete, the school will phone to tell your parents. We will not tolerate interference with the school’s published sanction system.
- Phones used to photograph/record/film teachers, students, or bullying, or are used to share illegal or inappropriate images, particularly pornography, will be confiscated and may be kept as evidence. Such evidence or information may be passed to appropriate stakeholders.
- Images on *“Facebook” or any inappropriate campaigns on *“Facebook” will be subject to school sanctions. This also applies to ASK.fsm; Snapchat; Instagram; Twitter comments etc. Activities that may take place out of school, but have consequences back in school, will be dealt with via the school’s published sanction system. It is important to note that the minimum age requirement to access many social media platforms, including: Facebook; Instagram; Snapchat, is 13 years of age. No student below this age can access such social media platforms, unless they have provided false information or by being allowed access via a parent or guardian.
- MP3/Mobile phone earphones; Smart phones; Smart watches, in lessons/around the school, are unacceptable and can be confiscated.
- Finally: Arguments, repeat offences or defiance in relation to mobile phone/internet use will be subject to our usual school sanctions, including exclusion.
- The legal owner of the phone is the account payee who also has a responsibility to ensure the safe and appropriate use of the phone at all times.